This update includes the compatibility issue for Windows 8, new interface and bug fixes.
Before Updating Please make sure you have the following:
- A USB Flash Drive reformatted to FAT32.
- Optical Drive.
- Motherboard DVD support.
- Download latest BIOS firmware from (Asus Official Site)
- Download latest Utility Updater from (Asus Official Site)
- Make sure there are no power interruption during update.
If all of the requirement are set to go, we can now update our MotherBoard firmware.
- Extract the P8Z77-M-PRO-ASUS-1708.zip in the root directory of your flash drive (Example drive D:)
- Open the Bupdater_V130.zip then open the folder inside then copy BUPDATER.EXE, BUPDATER.TXT and also the Readme.ini, then paste it to the root directory of your flash drive.
The files should be:
- Now, insert your MotherBoard support DVD to your optical drive and restart your Computer.
- When the ASUS logo appeared, pressed F8 to open the boot menu.
- Select your optical drive and press ENTER
- A Screen will prompt press any key within 5 seconds, Press any key to enter.
- MakeDisk menu will appear, press 3 for the FREEDOS and hit Enter
- Now, browse to your flash drive sample using Command Prompt (Type “D:” then Enter)
- Then type “bupdater /pc /g” and press ENTER
- The BIOS update utility will appear. Press TAB to navigate to the drive fields and UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT to select the USB flash drive and press ENTER.
- On the right side select P8Z77~1 and press ENTER
- A prompt screen will appear press ENTER to update your BIOS.
Wait until the loading update finish, press ENTER to exit the update utility and press ALT+CTRL+DELETE to restart. You can now enjoy your newly updated BIOS! Congrats!