How to Donate Blood
Preparation before donating blood
- Have enough rest and sleep.
- No alcohol intake 24 hours prior to blood donation.
- No medications for at least 24 hours prior to blood donation.
- Have something to eat prior to blood donation, avoid fatty foods.
- Drink plenty of fluid like water or juice.
Tips in Donating Blood
- Have your weight taken.
- Register honestly and completely the donor registration form.
- Have your blood type and hemoglobin checked.
- A physician will examine the blood donor.
- Actual donation. The amount of blood to be donated will depend on the donor’s weight and blood pressure. Either 350cc or 450cc, and would usually take 10 minutes or less.
- A 5 to 10 minutes rest and plenty of fluid intake is necessary after donation.
ANG LAHAT NG DONORS, AY PINAPAYUHANG MAGDALA NG VALID ID. (For Proper Identification)
Note: The information above are base on the Blood Processing Fee Posted in the Front desk of Philippine Red Cross Office here in General Santos City