I’ve been searching the internet on how to download the official Windows 8.1 ISO, so that I can save the installer to my USB for future use. The problem is Windows will only allow Windows 8 user to upgrade their OS using the Windows store, which has no options to download the ISO installer, just a plain installation.
So here are some tricks that you can try in order to download the Windows 8.1 ISO..
1. You must have Windows 8 installed on your PC.
2. A valid and legal Windows 8 serial key, you purchased from microsoft.
To download Windows 8.1 ISO:
2. Download both “Windows 8” and “Windows 8.1” installer:
- http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=271128 (Windows 8.1)
- http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=317630 (Windows 8)
3. Now open the “Windows 8” installer and enter your Serial Key (Note: Do not open yet “Windows 8.1”, adding your Windows 8 serial key to “Windows 8.1” installer will give you invalid serial key.)
4. Click next, when the installer starts downloading, quickly close the installer (close it, close it).
5. Then now, open the “Windows 8.1” installer. The step above will trick the Windows updater to skip the page where you add your serial key on “Windows 8.1” installer, the result is the download will start automatically.
6. When the download is complete, you have 3 selection install now, install by creating media and install later from your desktop, to create an ISO file select and click “install by creating media”, then click next.
7. Now select ISO file, then click Save then select a folder where you want to save the ISO
8. Just wait until the loading is complete.
Hope this trick help you download the Windows 8.1 ISO! if you have problem downloading it, drop your comment below!